WHAT IS THE DERITEND GROUP LIMITED?
The Deritend Group Limited is a leading provider of engineering solutions for industrial equipment, we have engineering facilities located in:
- Wolverhampton (Head Office)
- West Bromwich
The Data Controller for The Deritend Group Limited, is:
SUPERVISARY AUTHORITY REGISTRATION
We are registered with the ICO (Information Commissioners Office) and comply with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
The General Data Protection Regulation has a few different reasons as to why as a company we may collect and process personal data, including:
Contractual Obligations – when we need to data to comply with contractual requirements
Consent – when we collect and process your data with your consent
Legitimate Interest – We may require you data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which be reasonably expected as part of running our business, which will not impact on your freedoms, rights or interests.
Legal Compliance – we may need to collect your data should the law require us to.
www.deritend.co.uk and its owners, The Deritend Group Limited, will ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect your information.
- When do we collect your personal data?
- When you get in touch with us via email
- When you purchase a service or product from us
- When you contact us by any means with queries or complaints etc.
- When you book an appointment with us
- When you comment to review our products or services
- When you fill in any forms
- When you have given a third party permission to share your data with us
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT
- Telephone Number
- Email address
HOW AND WHY DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- We use your data to process any orders that you have made with The Deritend Group Limited
- To respond to any queries and complaints (we will keep a record of these to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout the process in line with our legal and contractual obligations and our legitimate interests in providing the best service and for continuous improvement.
- If we have gained your consent, we will use your personal data to keep you informed by email about any relevant product/services
- To send you updated communications which are necessary to inform you about our changed to the services we provide
- To adhere to contractual or legal obligations to share the data with law enforcement
HOW DO WE STORE YOUR DATA
Protecting your personal data is most important to us. We have the appropriate safeguards in place to protect your data when it is saved on our network or in paper format, and we ensure that only the people that need to use the information have access to it.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA FOR
We will only keep your data for as long as we need to, for the purpose it was collected.
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit and stored on your computer’s hard drive. If you do not wish for these cookies to be used when browsing this website then you can decline when you visit our website for the first time or you can disable using your browser and anytime.
CONTACT AND COMMUNICATIONS
Once we have contacted you, we will make sure that we have got your explicit consent for any future liaisons.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to be contacted at any time by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Our service only looks to contain safe and relevant external links to other sites, should we wish to use them. We ask all users to note that these external sites are not operated or owned by The Deritend Group Limited, and therefore we do not control or are responsible or liable for the content and their policies. Users are asked to review their privacy policies from these links.
SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
The Deritend Group Limited is on Social Media, we use Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. We will never ask for personal or sensitive information through our Social Media.
Social media platforms can shorten lengthy website addresses, and although they take all reasonable actions to ensure the URLs used are genuine, they can be prone to spam and hacking. The Deritend Group Limited therefore cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by clicking on these shortened URLs.
You are the data subject, and with that comes your rights as to what we do with your data.
- The right to be informed – We always make sure that you know why we need your data, what we do with it, how we process, how long we hold it for, and if there is any transfer of data to a third party, with the right to withdraw consent.
- The right of access – You would like to know what data we hold on you? No problem, send us a request at email@example.com. We will respond to you within 30 days.
- The right to be forgotten – You don’t want us to hold your details any longer? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The right to restrict processing – Do you think the details we hold on you are not correct? Let us know and we will restrict the processing of the data, until we know we have the right details.
- The right to data portability – You want us to send a copy of your data to another data controller? email@example.com
- The right to object – You don’t want us to send you any direct marketing materials? Tell us and we will stop firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling – we don’t used the automated decision making or profiling, but if we ever do you will be the first to know.
Not happy with how we have handled your data? In the first instances, please do let us know as we will happily put it right. Still not satisfied? Please contact the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
If we make any changes to this policy, we will updated the version on our website, so you are always in the know.